Table of contents
Hysteroscopy is miniinvasive operation and sutureless.
Hysteroscopy is a modern and safe method of diagnosing and treating the condition of the uterine cavity and cervical canal. With the help of hysteroscopy, the doctor has the opportunity to examine the uterus from the inside with his own eyes, visually assess the color and structure of the endometrium, fallopian tubes, cervical mucosa and, if necessary, perform surgical correction of pathological changes.
Why hysteroscopy is miniinvasive operation and sutureless?
Because all manipulation occurs through a natural hole – the cervical canal.
The surgical instrument is called a HYSTEROSCOPE – a thin tube with a camera and light, through which the image from the uterine cavity with 10-100 times magnification is visualised in real time to the monitor. To achieve excellent visualization and make resection with energy, a special solution (glucose based solution Turusol) is constantly supplied to the uterus. The hysteroscope is equipped with mechanisms for supplying and draining this fluid to create the appropriate pressure and expand the uterine cavity.
The main indications for hysteroscopy:
- Infertility (detection and elimination of the lack of implantation causes)
- Preparation for embryo transfer in the ART programs, which significantly increases the chances of pregnancy (confirms the presence of polyps and assists in chronic endometritis management, which affects the attachment of the embryo)
- Determination of patency of the fallopian tubes: echohysterosalpingoscopy, “bubble” test
- Repeated pregnancy loss management
- Uterine bleeding
- Polyp of the endometrium, cervical canal
- Endometrial hyperplasia (heterogeneous and excessive growth of the endometrium)
- Submucosal and intramural fibroids which located under the mucous membrane and deform the uterine cavity
- Intrauterine adhesions (Asherman’s syndrome)
- Anomalies of uterine development with the presence of the intrauterine membrane
- Removal of foreign bodies of the uterine cavity, intrauterine spiral
- Removal of the remains of the fertilized egg, placental tissue.
Types of hysteroscopy:
- Office (diagnostic) – is performed without anesthesia, without any additional tools, takes up to 10-15 minutes. The doctor assesses the condition of the uterine cavity for the presence of pathology in it, you can perform a targeted biopsy of the affected areas and send the material for morphological and immunohistochemical examination.
- Operative – under intravenous anesthesia, with the help of modern electrosurgical equipment, the doctor performs resection (removal) of pathological changes under visual control, this operation is ultrasound control guided. The duration of the procedure is 20-60 minutes (depending on the complexity). Stay in the observation room after hysteroscopy takes 2 hours.
Hysteroscopy can get rid of the uterine causes of infertility, mechanical obstacles to pregnancy, pathological conditions of the endometrium and cervical canal at any age.
This technique requires stay in day hospital and does not cause the discomfort to the woman, after the procedure you can resume normal daily activities.
Reprolife Clinic has an expert medical team that specializes in endoscopic gynecology.