Table of contents
Ultrasound examination is widely used in clinical practice for the study of many organs and systems and allows the use of an ultrasound transducer as a sonographic stethoscope.
What are the advantages of the method?
- No contraindications
- No radiation exposure
- Possibility of simultaneous study of various organs and systems
- The ability to monitor the course of the disease in dynamics
- High diagnostic efficiency
- Now ultrasound is considered as the best, and in some cases, as the main diagnostic method.
What can be diagnosed with lung ultrasound?
- Pulmonary edema
- Pulmonary embolism (PE)
- COVID-associated pneumonia in dynamics
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Pleural effusion
- Peripheral masses
- What cannot be ruled out when conducting ultrasound of the lungs?
Central lung tissue processes, including tumors, tuberculosis, provided that they are located deeper than the scanning depth of the ultrasound sensor.
What are the key principles of lung ultrasound?
- Almost all breathing disorders are associated with the pleural line, which is ideal for ultrasound examination
- Each form of respiratory failure has its own characteristic ultrasonographic profile (sign)
What is the value of lung ultrasound?
- Simplicity and speed
- Provides the opportunity to obtain basic diagnostic information with the maximum ease of performing the study in a short period of time, which can reduce the number of X-rays and CT examinations of the lungs
- Pulmonary ultrasound is a versatile tool that can be used both in the intensive care unit and in various departments of a multidisciplinary medical institution, allowing ultrasound to be considered the smart “gold standard”, especially in certain categories of patients
In our clinic, we offer high-quality and accurate ultrasound examination.
Taking care of your health!